POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GlowString.jpg (26Kbu) : Re: GlowString.jpg (26Kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GlowString.jpg (26Kbu)
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 4 Dec 2000 13:39:44
Message: <3a2be4f0@news.povray.org>
"Matt Giwer" <jul### [at] ijnet> wrote in message
> Andy Cocker wrote:
>
> That looks like a great candidate for the kind of street advertising
> graphics as in Bladerunner. The typeface has to change but the overall
> effect is quite impressive.

That's a good point Matt... I was wondering what these glows were reminding
me of, and it is Bladerunner.

Actually, somebody posted some code a while ago that reads in a bitmap
image, and rebuilds that image as an array of objects, each taking their
colour from the bitmap (I forget what the technique is called). I wonder if
this could be applied to an array of glows.. It would look fantastic if a
sequence of images were used as a source... like those huge video
billboards!

Andy Cocker